Pizza is one of the top requests for individuals who must live gluten-free. This deep dish skillet pizza is so easy to make, it can be on the table in under an hour and the taste is just like that of an indulgent deep dish pizza, just without the gluten. Now any night can be pizza night!
Upside Down Deep Dish Skillet Pizza
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cups your favorite pasta sauce
1 small ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed (you will have about 1 cup cubes)
½ cup I’m Free flour blend
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon I’m Free baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1) Preheat your oven to 350F.
2) Brown ground beef in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet (like cast iron) until cooked through.
3) Remove from heat, then pour pasta sauce over the top, then top with mozzarella (do
not stir). Set aside.
4) In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, seasoning, baking powder and salt.
5) Add eggs and milk; stir until smooth.
6) Stir in cheese, then pour the mixture over the top of the meat-sauce-cheese in skillet (do not stir).
7) Place skillet in preheated oven and bake 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden and puffed slightly and the dish is bubbling.
8) Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
9) To serve, use a large spoon to scoop portions of the pizza, spooning it meat side up/bread side down, onto serving plates.
Latest posts by Gigi Stewart (see all)
- [Recipe] Gluten-Free Upside Down Deep Dish Skillet Pizza - February 2, 2016
- [Recipe] 5 Ingredient Gluten-Free Blondies - December 15, 2015
- Understanding the Emotions: Applying the 5 Stages of Grief to Your Celiac Diagnosis - November 3, 2015